Barre Phillips will work with the bassists as in a classical master class. The "student" will perform his original compositions for solo double bass or improvise, or a mixture of both and Barre will work with him or her on technique, composition, conception, presence etc. The other bassists will be in attendance. There may be moments when Barre will have all the members of the master class work together on a common material or exercise.
A sessions in 2016 September 5-9 For professional bassists, advanced students & advanced non-professionals - Limited to 3 or 4 bassists per session
Due to the limited number of participants, if you are interested to participate we request that you submit a letter of intent (by postal or e-mail), accompanied by a CV and an audio recording of a minimum of 5 mns of your solo playing. If you are subsequently selected to participate then we ask you to send us a deposit of 100 Euros.
CEPI - RD-40, Haute-Ville, 83390 Puget-Ville, France
Tél: +33(0)4-9448-5750 ; Cell+33(0)6-2216-8021
- Day 1 Traveling and settleing in, a first session in the evening.
- Days 2-4 Working throughout the day and evening. Specific schedule to be made together on the evening of day 1. Possibility of a free public concert on the evening of day 4.
- Day 5 - AM A summing up of the event. PM Travel
350 Euros for tutoring, room and board
- September 5-9 2016
- Accommodation (dormitory style) and meals
- CEPI Headquarters located in Haute-Ville, 83390 Puget-Ville, VAR, France [see map]
- Travel :
- By air to Nice or Marseille airports then connecting to local trains
- By train to Puget-Ville or Carnoules, (83660) France
- Participants should bring their own basses and electronics if they are using same.